Friday, December 30, 2011

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics

It's been quite a few months since Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics released their Pretty Boy Collection. My favorite thing about this brand is everything, right down to their brushes, are 100% vegan. I previously ordered a few of their Lip Tars, which are lipsticks built like gloss. The tiniest bit covers your lips with zero smudging or feathering when used properly. Anywho, after seeing previews from Temptalia I knew I needed to have their loose pigment in Jubilee, Lip Tar in Narcissus, and nail polish in Pool Boy. In a few short days these babies were MINE!
Pool Boy is the most amazing blue neon creme I have ever seen. This polish literally glows! I received a lot of compliments when I wore this and you bet I stretched out the wear time well over a week, lol. No streaking when applied and no chipping after all that wear time. Very impressed.
Jubilee appears as a baby blue in the jar but when applied dry without a base you can see it's actually a beautiful green/blue/purple duochrome. Definitely original! On my eye Jubilee was applied with a damp brush to give it a more 'solid' appearance.
The flash from my camera totally washed out Jubilee but trust me it is very vibrant! I am wearing Narcissus Lip Tar and Pool Boy on my nails. Narcissus applied a bit streaky and I had to blend it a bit before it looked ok. I did not have this issue with my other lip tars. It's a very bright, chalky pink really a very lovely shade.
And you'll notice this is 'prebangs', lol. I was very happy with my purchase and hope to get more from this collection. The only thing that makes me hesitate, as always, are the prices. But you are paying for quality! Pigments retail at $12, Lip Tars $13, and Polish $8 at Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate all feedback! All I ask is that there be no spamming on my posts. Thank you.