Monday, July 2, 2012

Monochrome Monday


Good morning Bloggettes! Today I have another group mani. This time it's Monochrome Monday, or black and white for us more simple folk, lol. It took me forever to come up with something and I am happy with my results. I did different looks on each hand this round but both start with the same base of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls (told ya' it's my favorite!), followed by 2 coats of Sally Hansen Glass Slipper(white glitter flecks/shimmer).



Once dry I applied several pieces of strip tape to each nail. Next I used LA Colors Art Deco in Black as I am out of regular black polish.


Tape has just been freshly pulled, no top coat yet.


Finishing the look is Lynnderella Connect the Dots followed by a generous coat of Seche Vite.


For my right hand I used 2 coats of Pahlish Typewriter Keys (shredded white/black glitter with silver/holo shimmer) and 1 coat of Lynnderella Connect the Dots.



I love, love, love the way this came out, reminds me of one of my favorite movies Beetle Juice and my Boston babies Zombri and Bronson. The only thing I would change is a coat of Gelous before Seche Vite as it is a bit gritty. 

I hope you enjoyed my mani, now lets see what the other ladies came up with!


11 comments:

  1. Looks great. Really like your left hand :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I love how both hands came out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! The glitter over the stripes makes it look like a really intricate design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this (the black and white glitter over stripes is genius)!!!! I would have never thought of or tried it... guess it's finally time for me to hunt down a good black and white glitter. *shakes fist at you* :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. SUPAH COOL!!!! One of my faves by you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all ladies!! I am so happy with how my left hand came out! Not so much the right, it has my weird nail.lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great combination! Your right hand looks like cookies & cream from the pic to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. whoa i love this look! oh by the way do you pull out the tapes after the polishes dry or immediately after application?

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all feedback! All I ask is that there be no spamming on my posts. Thank you.